Saturday, October 1, 2011

kai koDuttennaik kAppvaL ranjani

The song on Goddess KAmAkshi that is posted here was composed in a spur of the moment when I was hearing a song in the rAgam ranjani, a melodious ragam that if sung with bhAvam kindles your emotions. I wanted to compose a song during navarAtri and it was surprising that I could compose three more songs in a row after this for the paNDikai. I feel that it is the grace of Goddesses durgA, lakshmi & SaraSvati. With my salutations to them, I post the song.


Lyrics


ranjani   Adi    Perambur   18.08.2011  4.30 AM
       
Pallavi

kai koDuttennaik kAppvaL ranjani
taruNam aRindu karuNaiyum purindu (kai)

a.pallavi

anjanam  tITTiya nIL vizhiyALE
tanjam aDaindOrkku taru nizhalavaLE  (kai)

saraNam

ARudal vazhangi Ananda vAzhvaLikkum
kAnci mAnagar vAzhum kalyANiyE
vanjam niRainda ulagil irundu
mukti aLikkum mOkshadAyini  (kai)




 

ரஞ்ஜனி    ஆதி    பெரம்பூர்   18.08.2011  4.30 AM
                        
பல்லவி

கை கொடுத்தென்னைக் காப்பவள் ரஞ்சனி
தருணம் அறிந்து கருணையும் புரிந்து (கை)
                      
அ.பல்லவி

அஞ்சனம்  தீட்டிய நீள் விழியாளே
தஞ்சம் அடைந்தோர்க்கு தரு நிழலவளே (கை)

சரணம்

ஆறுதல் வழங்கி ஆனந்த வாழ்வளிக்கும்
காஞ்சி மாநகர் வாழும் கல்யாணியே
வஞ்சம் நிறைந்த உலகில் இருந்து
முக்தி அளிக்கும் மோக்ஷதாயினி  (கை) 

Copyrighted 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! I think of all the navaratri songs, this is the second best (after veN kalai udutti). I like the bhavam with which you have sung the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I too had the same feeling like you!! When I sang this, I had the same feeling I used to have when I do Varalakshmi PUjai. Hence it was revealed through my singing! Sometimes, certain words cause a mystic feeling and somehow you become emotional! May be the circumstances at that time might have had the influence too!!

    ReplyDelete